“One-stop shopping” that works. NAC’s multidisciplinary team of professionals are on-site and help our families with an array of services from therapeutic support groups for siblings to homelessness prevention to parenting education.
Family stability is the first key to assuring permanency for medically complex children. NAC offers coordinated family support services on-site that are provided by a knowledgeable and caring team of professionals. Teams are both flexible and mobile and consist minimally of a Social Worker, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Developmental Pediatrician and Educational Specialist. Everyone, including Psychiatrists and Pediatricians make home visits.
This “one-stop shopping approach” enables NAC to respond effectively to the full range of family needs. NAC children with special medical needs, their siblings and parents receive an array of medical, mental health, educational, recreational and other social services under one roof, replacing the fragmentation of services they may otherwise experience. The accessibility of NAC’s multidisciplinary services better enable families to cope with the challenges of parenting a child with profound medical needs, thereby providing a more stable and nurturing home for the child.
On-site Family Support Services include:
- Medical Clinic and Mental Health Clinic
- Educational Advocacy and Support
- Early Intervention Services
- College Bound Program
- Parenting Education and Parent-Child Interaction Groups
- Mentoring and Youth Development Programs
- Therapeutic and Recreational Children's Groups
- Art, Music and Drama therapy
- Sibling Services
- Home Health Aide Services and/or Respite Care Referrals.
- Legal & Housing Advocacy
- Vocational Support & Advocacy
- Wheelchair-accessible Recreation Groups and Activities
- Summer Camp Placement and Support
- Pet-assisted therapy
- Wheelchair-accessible Transportation Services
- Food, Clothing and Toy bank
- Financial Aid for emergencies or the purchase of special equipment
- 24-hour Crisis Hotline