The Vivian & Roger Farah Comprehensive Healthcare Center
NAC is one of a few child welfare agencies in New York State to have on-site licensed medical and mental health clinics. By providing coordinated and comprehensive healthcare under one roof, NAC helps children with chronic medical conditions and their families receive the assistance they need to achieve greater well-being and stability in their lives.
Child-focused and family-friendly health and mental health care are offered on-site at NAC through a New York State licensed Article 28 Diagnostic & Treatment (medical) Center and licensed Article 31 Mental Health Clinic as well as in communities throughout New York City with our Mobile Medical Clinic. Services are paid for by Medicaid and most managed care plans, or provided free of charge to NAC families unable to pay.
The Vivian & Roger Farah Comprehensive Healthcare Center's clinical staff is comprised of professionals who possess the right combination of information, sensitivity and understanding for working effectively with children and families that have complex medical and mental health needs, and include:
- Developmental Pediatricians
- Licensed Psychologists with specialization in developmental disabilities and pediatric psychology
- Board-Certified Child and Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrists
- Registered Nurses
- LCSW Social Workers
- Licensed Art Therapist and Child Life Specialist
- Drama Therapist
- Music Therapist
NAC Mobile Medical Clinic
Our new Mobile Medical clinic provides access to quality community-based healthcare for children with complex medical needs throughout New York City. NAC is the only child welfare agency to have a mobile bus for this population.
- Medical Visits & Follow up
- Developmental-Behavioral Screening
- Care Coordination
- Preventive & Acute Care
- Laboratory Testing
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Confidential Adolescent Care
- Physical Forms for School/Sports/Camp
- Psychiatric & Psychological Assessments